Welcome to Talladega County
From the Talladega National Forest, along the eastern boundary, to Logan Martin and Lay Lakes, along the western boundary… From a Superspeedway in the north to a first-class 3,200-acre golf resort in the south, Talladega County’s 753 square miles offers an abundance of resources.
Talladega County, created in 1832, lies in the center of Alabama. In the City of Talladega’s charming historic district is the County Courthouse – the oldest functioning courthouse in the state. Inside this historic courthouse are housed the County Commission, Probate, Revenue, Voter Registrar, and a driver license office.
Whether you’re looking to relocate your home or your business, or if you’re just looking for a new adventure, we invite you to visit Talladega County. Please check out our “Community” tab for a preview.
Important Dates Leading Up to the Tax Lien Sale
If you have not paid your property tax, you can stop by one of our locations to make your payment by May 7, 2021.
- April 16th - last day to pay property tax with check. Only cash, cashier check, money or card will be accepted after April 16.
- May 7th - last day to pay property tax
- May 7th - online property tax payments will not be available
- May 11th - tax lien sale.
SUNDAY ALCOHOL SALES
On November 3, 2020, in a local referendum, Talladega County voters approved the sale of alcoholic beverages for both on-premises and off-premises consumption in the unincorporated areas, on Sundays after 12:00 p.m.
Beginning January 1, 2021 the following changes:
- The Alabama Bicentennial tag/plate will no longer be available for issuance. Registrants with this tag/plate will be required to purchase a different tag/plate during their renewal month.
- Boat owners will need to renew their boat registration in person at one of our four locations or online by clicking here.