Boat registration is required for the following types of boats: mechanically propelled (motor) boats, sailboats, and boats for hire. Boat registration must be renewed annually.
BOAT REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
No title is required in the State of Alabama for boats.
You must register your boat as follows:
- New boat must be registered within 72 hours of the purchase date
- Used boat with current AL registration, you must make application for transfer within 15 days
- Used boat with an expired registration, you must currently register the boat before it is used.
- Bill of Sale
- Last-issued registration, if registering a used boat
- Proof of paid sales tax
- Completed Application for Boat Registration, Transfer Replacement.
WHERE CAN I RENEW MY BOAT REGISTRATION
- Online through Alabama Law Enforcement Agency by clicking here, or
- In Person by visiting one of our Talladega County Commission Revenue-License Division location, click here for locations,
For more information about Boating, click here.